Saturday, February 5, 2011
"My Friend Named Ethan"
I think being a little brother must be hard sometimes - especially in a small family of only two kids and especially being the little brother of Kellin - "friend to everyone" and the most socially active little boy I have ever known. Now, perhaps you may be familiar with the show "Charlie and Lola" (one of my absolute favorite children's shows) but if not, Lola is the "small and very funny" little sister of Charlie and Lola has an imaginary friend named "Sir Laurencen" who she plays with when her big brother isn't around. Well, our adorable and incredibly intelligent little Ethan also has a "Sir Laurencen" but he is called "My Friend Named Ethan". Ethan's friend named Ethan has a mommy and daddy, and their names are Kade and Mary, he lives "in Saint George by the dinosaur park" and has very nice parents. In fact, his parents let him do anything he wants, according to Ethan. If we tell our Ethan that he can't have fruit snacks for dinner he is sure to tell us, "My friend named Ethan's mom let him have fruit snacks for dinner". Ethan's friend named Ethan has birthday parties all the time that Kellin is NOT invited to, he comes over from time to time to play but Kellin is NOT allowed to play with him and the rest of us can't see him because he is magical. We tell Ethan that his friend named Ethan is not real, but he insists and so we have to get very creative sometimes about his friend named Ethan. I think it's completely adorable, this imaginary friend, and love having in depth conversations with Ethan about his friend named Ethan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
well my friend named Ethan.. (the real one, your son) is so totally adorable and SMART. what a cutie. I just wish we could see him more often and have him tell me about his friend Ethan- I'd love to hear it.
I should introduce him to my friend Wonjun...who has been with me since I can remember...and is STILL my best imaginary friend ever!
That is the most adorable thing EVER!!! Oh, I love that kid! I think you should turn this story into a children's book. That could be your new creative idea for 2011, since Old Navy stole the other one!
Post a Comment