This is at a "Murder Mystery" birthday party (hopefully that explains the costumes!) I was the evil mistress, hence that "sultry" look on my face! Well, ok, I was trying for sultry anyways!Thursday, March 5, 2009
"Vintage" High School Pics
So, I thought I would share some old high school photos of me for all those friends of mine that only know the grown-up mom side of me. The picture quality is not so great since they are scanned copies of old photos but I was having fun looking back on the old me! Oh, the good ol' high school days when I had all the confidence and all the insecurity in the world, simultaneously! It's weird, but so true! I remember being so insecure about my body and about being "cool" and having friends, but then at the same time feeling like I could do anything, be anything with my whole life ahead of me. Now, I feel like I have more of a sense of who I am and am a lot more comfortable in my own skin, but I do wish I could regain that sense of optimism and that belief that I can accomplish anything I put my mind to. So, please excuse my brief trip down memory lane, but enjoy the laughs anyways! And who knows, hopefully I'll inspire some of you to pull out those old high school pics and remember those crazy high school days...and I'd love to see some of them posted on your blogs!
This is at a "Murder Mystery" birthday party (hopefully that explains the costumes!) I was the evil mistress, hence that "sultry" look on my face! Well, ok, I was trying for sultry anyways!
This is at a "Murder Mystery" birthday party (hopefully that explains the costumes!) I was the evil mistress, hence that "sultry" look on my face! Well, ok, I was trying for sultry anyways!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is me on the hurdle team, check out those awesome socks and super attractive spandex shorts!
7 comments:
These old pictures are so fun to look at. I wish we had a scanner so I could do the same!
That too funny! I love the socks, I used to wear mine just like that! And we went to dances in big groups, too at AHS! The spandex shorts are pretty sweet
There are some pictures that I actually have no memory of ever seeing! You've always been a cutie. Okay so you nailed it Mare- I was also seriously insecure yet thought I was invincible at the same time and that no matter how crazy I drove or what I did somehow everything would be okay. I never realized that. Great post.
Mary
Love the track photo! Those are the days I miss, not much else though. That last picture is from Senior Prom. I remember because I have the same picture...we went together, and it was a blast. Always glad to hear you are doing well. Maybe some day we can get all our boys together.
Karl Stutelberg
I think you're right about it being prom but I'm thinking it was Junior Prom. I'm pretty sure I went to Senior Prom with Doug. Help me out here Emily, Aja..is that right?? You guys remember those years so much better than me!
I drove by GV the other day taking my daughter to dance class and they were having a track meet. I can't help but have flash backs hen we used to run. I miss those days. We had a lot of fun.
Ok Mary I think you are right. Junior year it is. Either way it was fun and a great group.
Hope you are doing well.
Post a Comment