Tuesday, March 31, 2009

This Weeks' Recipe

Ok, so I might be in dream land, but if I can get my boys to eat this I will be so excited!! It seems pretty simple, and very healthy so I'm going to give it a try. I know I will love it, but let's see what the kids (and the hubby) think! I will post an update here once I've made it.

Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti

Ingredients:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
1 whole Spaghetti Squash
3 Fresh Tomatoes
2 Vegetables of Your Choice
Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Slice your Spaghetti Squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and season with olive oil, salt and pepper on all sides. Place the squash flesh sides down on cooking tray with foil covering all of the exposed skin. Roast for 45 minutes - 1 hour, (until tender).
Meanwhile, saute with oil, salt and pepper two of your favorite chopped vegetables. I think I will try zucchini and yellow squash but you can use whatever you have on hand (or whatever you think your kids will eat)!
When the spaghetti squash is done simply pull your fork through the flesh and it will come out like spaghetti noodles!
Combine the “noodles”, sauteed vegetables and serve with chopped fresh tomatoes and sprinkles of fresh Parmesan cheese.

Nutritional Info:
I don't know but I think it's gotta be pretty healthy. The main source of fat will be the olive oil (which is "good" fat anyways). With all those veggies, I don't think you can go wrong.

Source: Little Window Shoppe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to try this. I still need to try the other one too. Where do you find all of these YUMMY recipes?

Burnett Family said...

Hey, Carson has been asking when he can see Kellin again. We should get together next week when Jackson and Hudson are feeling better (They have a nasty cold). Your recipes looks yummy!