Saturday, April 4, 2009
Recipe Review
I made the Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti on Thursday night and got mixed reviews. First, I didn't realize it would be such a challenge to cut open the squash - pretty much like carving a pumpkin so if you make this be sure you have a really good serrated knife. I think it took me 15 minutes to finally get it cut if half! Second, the recipe says to cook it for 45 - 1 hour, but I think it definately needs at least an hour to cook (I did 50 minutes and it was cooked, but could've been more tender). I used zucchinni & yellow summer squash and that was delicious with the spaghetti squash. Kade wasn't a huge fan of the tomatoes (but he's not a big tomato guy anyways) and as for the kids, well I wonder how many vitamins & nutrients are in one bite (because that's all they tried of it)! Overall, Kade & I really enjoyed it, but in the future I think this would probably be a really good side dish rather than a main course. I think it would be perfect with one of those roasted chickens from Costco - just to add some meat/protien to the dish. By 9 pm, both Kade and I were hungry and had to snack on some lunch meat from the fridge. Oh, and I really wished I had bought the ingredients in time to make it for April Fool's Day, I could totally see some fun possibilities there! Maybe next year...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment