On a related note, as I have been trying to get used to this whole idea, I have noticed Kellin really growing up. Just over the past month or so he has seemed to mature in certain ways. He will offer to set the table for dinner, offer to clean up Ethan and get him out if his high chair, and even make his bed in the morning without me asking him to. He seems to be grasping more mature concepts, understanding things more and able to reason through stuff. He is full of questions about everything from why does it rain to where does our poop go when we flush the toilet. Up until recently, he has been a huge fan of Little Bear & Franklin, Maggie & the Ferocious Beast and other shows on Noggin. It seems now he is requesting Batman, Spider Man, Ben 10: Alien Force and other more grown up boy shows with more mature concepts & themes. I have been screening them to make sure the content isn't too mature. I'm not a big fan of the fighting in the shows, and it's hard to find that balance between allowing him to grow up & keeping him innocent. Well, I think that's enough for now...I'm sure I will have more to write about in regards to this in the coming months.
Friday, April 10, 2009
My Little Boy Is Growing Up.....
On a related note, as I have been trying to get used to this whole idea, I have noticed Kellin really growing up. Just over the past month or so he has seemed to mature in certain ways. He will offer to set the table for dinner, offer to clean up Ethan and get him out if his high chair, and even make his bed in the morning without me asking him to. He seems to be grasping more mature concepts, understanding things more and able to reason through stuff. He is full of questions about everything from why does it rain to where does our poop go when we flush the toilet. Up until recently, he has been a huge fan of Little Bear & Franklin, Maggie & the Ferocious Beast and other shows on Noggin. It seems now he is requesting Batman, Spider Man, Ben 10: Alien Force and other more grown up boy shows with more mature concepts & themes. I have been screening them to make sure the content isn't too mature. I'm not a big fan of the fighting in the shows, and it's hard to find that balance between allowing him to grow up & keeping him innocent. Well, I think that's enough for now...I'm sure I will have more to write about in regards to this in the coming months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know what you mean. Olivia starts kindergarten this year, and I don't think I'm ready for it. Not only is it all day, but the schools out here are k-8, which means she's riding the bus with 8th graders. I'm still fretting about whether to let her ride the bus (which she wants), or drive her everyday (which I want).
I know exactly how you feel! It's as if you wrote down exactly how I felt before Noelle went to K- except here K is all day! I sobbed the night before the first day- but when she came home totally happy and fine it got much easier! Noelle recently got kicked out of a girl club in her class by the "leader" of the group. It can suck sometimes. Those things do happen BUT she still loves going and even tho my heart breaks when stuff like that happens somehow it's all okay. Kellin will be okay to. He's really social and makes friends easily. He also has a great home to come home to each day and that is definitely the MOST important thing! It is a really exciting time!
I know what you mean! I am a little nervous about the whole school bus thing too since we never had school busses at my schools. Carsons favorite shows to watch are Drake and Josh, and
i-Carly. I don't know what I think about it. They really are growing up so fast!
I can't believe The K Man is going to start kindergarten. Sweet little boy is all grown up. Sure miss you all.
Post a Comment