Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Day of Preschool


Kellin started his second year of preschool this month and was so excited. He is going to preschool at the new community/rec center here in Saint George. Our good friend Amy is the preschool coordinator and has put together a great cirriculum for them. He gets to do a variety of learning centers with music movement, learning rhythm and singing, jiu-jitsu, gymnastics, swimming and PE. His good friends Kaden & Kaley & Aiden are in the preschool with him so he has a blast every day. I also started "working" in the preschool with him just for and hour or so on Monday, Wednesday & Friday. In exchange, he gets free preschool & Ethan gets free day care at the community centers' day care. It has been fun to try something new with working in the preschool and I can't believe how challenging it can be to get 21 4-year-olds to sit still and walk in a line! But, I am having a great time with it and really working on learning more preschool songs to sing with the kids. I'm also looking for good books to read with the kids at the end of the day before dismissal, so if any of you have favorite books that you'd like to recommend, I love to hear about them! One last note on Kellin starting preschool - I can't believe that at this time next year he will be going to kindergarten - it is really freaking me out!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Emily H. said...

Some of our favorite authors are Mo Willems ("Knuffle Bunny," Knuffle Bunny Too," "Edwina the Dinosaur that Didn't Know She Was Extinct," and the many Pigeon books he's written), also David Shannon (any of the "David" title books- like "No David," and "Alice the Fairy"). Also, Laura Joffe Numeroff's "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" and simiar books are pretty good too. My kids LOVE Willems and Shannon and always laugh at their books!

C Smoot said...

I can't believe how quickly the boys have grown!!! Isn't preschool so fun ? I think it's awesome that you only have to put in a few hours to get free preschool and day care!! Nice!

Brittany & Barry said...

Mare - That preschool sounds like the coolest thing!! And awesome how you get to work there, have Kellin go there, and have Ethan in day care. I'm so jealous! It sounds absolutely fantastic! Have you noticed any big changes in Kell since he's been in?