Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ethan Turns One!

Ethan getting ready to dive into his birthday cake - I think the cousins had a harder time keeping their hands out of the cake than he did!

Sweet baby Ethan giving daddy a taste of the cake - he always loves to share his food and anything he has in his hand! So cute!

We celebrated his birthday in Springville with Kade's family. We had a really nice time visiting and Kellin & Ethan had SO much fun with their Aunts & Uncles, Cousins and especially their Grandma & Pops!! Here he is opening a present with them.
I just wanted to write a few little things about Ethan since I use this blog as a family album/journal/scrapbook. I have loved watching his personality develop over the past year, he his such a sweet baby, always greeting us with a huge smile and full of love. Recently, he has started hugging me back when I hug him, he will snuggle into me and pat my back as I pat his. I call it "lovey" and I swear it is one of my favorite moments of everyday. He is also an incredibly curious and adventurous little man. He is all over the house, up the stairs, under the bed, in the closet, cabinets, fridge, etc. He also loves to be around people, in fact, he cries, no, he screams, as soon as he realizes he has been left alone in a room. But, if there is someone with him, he will play happily for hours. At his most recent doctor's appointment, he was in the 90th percentile for height & weight, as he has been pretty much since he was born. He is very tall! He is just learning to walk, taking a few fast steps before he falls down. Kade has been working with him on walking & gets so excited when he takes a few steps, it is so fun to watch. I remember that I really wanted a girl when I got pregnant the second time, and although I still really want a girl, I can see that Ethan is exactly what our family needed and he has brought so much joy into our home already. I just love him to pieces!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Every word you speak about Ethan is exactly how I feel! Kaden does the same thing as he now will come and give me "Bear Hugs" and growls as he wraps his arms around my neck. He will also just come up to me without being provoked and give me a hug around my arm, or leg. I love being a mom and it is such a fantastic feeling to see these kids grow up knowing that you taught them life.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he is one!!! He is so stinkin' cute. He puts a smile on my face every time I see him. You have some of the sweetest kids I know.