Thursday, December 18, 2008

Birthday Bliss!

For my birthday this year (the big 3-0) Kade took me to see Phantom of the Opera in Las Vegas. It was spectacular. I was feeling a bit down the week leading up to my birthday and really hoping that Kade would plan something special for me. Most years I'm happy to simply go to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday but this year I felt like I wanted to do something more special since I was leaving my 20's and felt like all of a sudden I was becoming a grown up. The night couldn't have been more perfect. We had my neice babysit the boys and we drove down to Vegas which usually feels like a long hour and a half drive with the kids in the back but it was so nice to have that time to just talk without any distractions. When we got to Vegas we picked up the tickets and then went to Sushi Samba at the Venetian and had some delicious sushi. Kade and I started eating sushi almost 3 years ago and it has become one of our favorite things to do together. We love to go to new sushi restaurants and try out different types of sushi rolls - seriously if you are scared to try it, just give it a chance, it is so good and so flavorful and there are plenty of rolls that are fully cooked. After dinner we went to the show which I absolutely loved. I have always loved Phantom and as soon as i heard the music start I couldn't help but to tear up. It was awesome. Great special effects, wonderful singing, great acting, good seats, etc. After the show we found a little cafe and got dessert and hot chocolate before driving back home. I just want Kade to know that this was the best birthday ever and I know how lucky I am to have him as my husband and as the father of my kids. Thanks Kade for making me feel so special & loved!

4 comments:

Kat said...

That is so sweet! I am glad you had a great birthday. Let me know when you are going to be here so we can go to lunch or something. I would love to see you and the boys.

Emily H. said...

Yeah!!! I am SO happy that you did this and had such an awesome birthday!! :) I just emailed you like a minute ago asking you about your birthday. That sounds like such a great night! I have not yet seen Phantom and that is the show #1 on my list to see. I'm so glad you loved it! Kade's the man!

Charmaine said...

Sounds like your birthday was fabulous. It must be so nice to be somewhat close to Vegas and see different kinds of shows! Good job Kade!!

Angela and Tyler said...

AWWWWW! That sounded like the perfect 3-0! I can relate, there is a lot of pressure for our big day! Happy Happy birthday and it sounds like so much fun.

Yeah, sushi is an acquired taste, but I have grown to just really enjoy it also.