Sunday, August 23, 2009

August Rush!

This past month has been crazy, crazy, fun! We have been on two boating trips, canyoneering, hiking, had my brother stay with us for three weeks, Kellin started school, I started my new job, Ethan turned two and I think we hit just about every casino town in Nevada. Let's start at the beginning. In an effort to keep my adorable little brother out of "trouble" (haha, ya like he'd get into any) for the summer, my parents asked if he could spend a few weeks with us. So at the beginning of the month he came to stay with us for three weeks. It was so great to have him here. The boys enjoyed playing with him, Kade loved hanging with him checking out funny You Tube videos and playing guitar, and I loved cooking with him and having his help with the kids! I don't know what I'm going to do without him now - I was spoiled for three weeks! I wish I had a teenage child that loved to babysit, never had a bad attitude, and was as polite as Zach! Thanks, bro, for being so great and putting up with our crazy lives!
We also had a chance, which we would never pass up, to go boating with some friends at Sand Hollow. We had a great time, especially Kellin. Our friend took Kel out on the Wake Surfer and I swear Kel was in heaven. He loved it. We got some great pics on our friends camera, I'll post them when I get them.
The next weekend I had the chance, which, again, I would never pass up, to go Canyoneering with some awesome friends. Kade, poor guy, had to work so he couldn't come. It was a great experience, I had a blast and can't wait to do it again. Our last repel was 110 ft straight drop down - awesome adrenaline rush!! Here are some pics:

Me & Aimee on the way up the mountain - ready to go!
Our awesome friends, Jared & Cheryl, our guides for the trip!

That's me, repeling down one of the canyons into freezing, stinky, gross water! We had to unclip from the repel line while floating in the water and then swim through the water to the other side. I think the gross water freaked me out more than the repeling.

Me & Aimee freezing our butts off! We all thought it would be hot (hello, it is Saint George) but in the shaded canyon it was so cold my fingers & toes went tingly & numb! We kept running ahead trying to find sunlight!

Swimming through the gross, stinky water!

The final 110 ft. repel - awesome!

The next weekend we went to Laughlin, NV with some of my Amato brothers & sisters. We had never been to Laughlin before, and as far as a city, there's really not much to get excited about. It's kind of like Mesquite, NV with lots of old Casinos & not much else. But, as far as a lake goes, I would rate Lake Mojave as one of my favorite lakes! The water was so cool, clean & refreshing and the shore of the lake was sandy, just like a beach. We had a blast hanging with friends & family on the shore while the kids played in the sand & water. We had a couple boats & sea doos out there and had a great time wake boarding, boating & sea dooing. I didn't snap many pictures so here are the few that I took:

Kellin loved hanging out on the boat - he would swim out to it and jump off the front with his cousin Becky! They were our little fish the whole weekend!

Ethan really wanted to ride the sea doo - maybe next year bud!

3 comments:

Brittany & Barry said...

How FUN!!!! That repelling looks INCREDIBLE! How cool was that?!? I love sun and water - what a great combo.

How's Kellin liking K? Addy starts on Wednesday. How's the new job?

Emily H. said...

wow check you guys out! I didn't know you were doing so many cool things this month! The repelling looks like so much fun! I've never done that before- probably b/c I'd worry I was too big to break the line and fall down to my death. :) I should try that though soon! E looks way too cute on the sea doo. I also want to hear about Kell's school experience!

Burnett Family said...

You really have been busy! You are pretty brave to do all that repelling! Pretty crazy stuff. We didn't take advatage of all the cool stuff St George has to offer but it's kind of hard with a bunch of little boys!You know how that is!