Kade and I have always been so proud of how well Ethan sleeps. He usually goes to bed by about 8:30 most nights and sleeps in until 8 or so every morning. Even if he does wake up a little earlier in the morning, he usually just plays contently in his crib until one of us rolls out of bed to get him up. Some mornings, since he seems to be so content, I'll just let him hang out for a little longer in his crib while I get dressed, check my email and get breakfast ready. Well, sadly, I regret that those days may be gone. Here's why. It was a calm Wednesday morning, I woke up first to get ready for work and a few minutes later Kellin came down and asked for some chocolate milk and a show, as is his normal morning routine. After I left for work Kade finished getting Kellin ready for school and then headed upstairs to get Ethan up. I'm at work ready to welcome my students when my cell phone rings. Before I can get the word hello out of my mouth I hear a usually calm but now very irritated voice on the other end, "DID YOU FORGET TO GET WIPES LAST NIGHT??" I timidly reply, "Oh crap, yes, sorry babe, I totally forgot to stop by the store on my way home from the gym." Through obviously gritted teeth I hear Kade describe the mess he came upon as he entered Ethan's room that morning. Poop everywhere! On the walls, all over Ethan, the crib, the sheets, the stuffed animals, everywhere. All I could say was, "Sorry, um, I think there are some paper towels downstairs." Kade muttered "I gotta go" and hung up.
Later, able to have more of a sense of humor about things, Kade decided Ethan's new name should be Picasa, in honor of his new found talent for artwork. Now, if we could just get him using washable paint rather than poop, I think we all might be a little happier! Needless to say, we don't let him hang out in his crib for too long in the mornings anymore for fear of another Poo-casa discovery!
3 comments:
Oh man, that is SO horrible! Isaac did that like 3 times and you know what it was AWFUL! Seriously, I can handle vomit, pee, spit, whatever but feces is where I draw the line. Omg, cleaning up that crap every where is discusting. Man, you seriously made out Mare- not having to clean it! :) And to think it's the one time you don't have wipes. Poor Kade! "poo-casa"- love it! :)
Oops!! That's all I'd be able to say if I were in your shoes. What a messy situation. We'll bring you a package of wipes to stash somewhere for those forgotten runs to the store ;)
WOW is all I can say. I feel so horrible for Kade! Kaden did that once while he was watching tv. I don't think he meant to spread it all over, but it just so happened his bedroom door was shut so his attempts of opening the door with poopy hands meant poopy door, knob, wall, etc. It was disgusting!
Post a Comment