Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Snow day!

One of the things I really love about living in Southern Utah is that we get to enjoy a fairly mild winter but snow is only a half hour away. We had a pretty cold & rainy weekend two weekends ago so we decided to take the boys up to Veyo (a small town about 25 minutes north of us) for some sledding. Although it took us a few tries to find the area, we finally found some gravel pits that were covered in snow. It was a blast sledding down the hills with the boys and watching Kellin go off jumps and have a great time. Ethan was mostly interested in building a snowman and throwing snow and the rest of us! After about an hour, little Ethan's hands were freezing since I only had mittens for him so he spent the rest of the time playing in the warm car. Afterwards we came home and enjoyed some hot cocoa with lots of marshmallows. Here are a few pics from our adventure!



1 comments:

Emily H. said...

Look how cute you are even in the freezing snow! Yeah, that is pretty cool that you don't have to deal with all the snow but can still enjoy it within such a short drive. After Christmas comes I'm going to be totally over the cold weather. Seriously today was like crazy warm and was a high of 61 where usually the high is in the low 40's- still too cold for me! The sunny warmer day just made me happy and I want that all the time! I swear I think I'm one of those weather depressed people. Anywhooo... glad you got to enjoy the snow- my kids have never been able to go sledding and I'm thinking N and I would love it. S- probably not so much. Love you girl! Boy, this was long- but hey, sometimes this is a great way to communicate when we live so far away from each other.