Time sure flies when you're having er, uh, when you're raising two boys! We had a great Thanksgiving this year with my family who travelled to see us from Las Vegas and Alabama! Usually we are the ones doing the travelling so it was really nice this year to get to stay at home and still be with family. Although, Kade and I kept commenting to eachother that it didn't really feel like Thanksgiving since we weren't travelling. But as soon as the family arrived and the cousins took off to play, we knew the holiday had arrived. It was great to get to see my awesome sister and her awesome family, especially to meet her little girl Sadie who is almost two and who we'd never met before. My parents and brothers also came up from Las Vegas/CA and we had Thanksgiving dinner at our sister Chrissy's house with her whole family. Our brother-in-law cooked the meal and man, was it delicious! My new method for Thanksgiving dinner is to skip the mashed potatoes - I'm not a huge mashed potatoes fan and I'd rather save the room for all the other stuff I love. And there was plenty of it! A delicious stuffing with sausage and dried cranberries, to die for sweet potatoes, super tender turkey and homemade gravy, yummy, warm rolls and the most heavenly pomegranate salad on the planet. I tried to exercise some self control throughout the meal, but the food was so amazing that I couldn't resist a second helping. After dinner we came back to our house for pies, and ice cream and cupcakes for the kids. By the end of the night I was so exhausted I think I literally fell asleep in my clothes and barely made it out if bed to tell everyone goodnight & goodbye.
The next day we went on a family hike at the Dixie mountain red rocks. The kids had a lot of fun climbing around all the rock formations, discovering caves and tunnels. It was a really nice day and although Kellin was devestated to see the cousins leave, he really enjoyed them while they were here. Here are a few pics from our Thanksgiving weekend in Dixie:

0 comments:
Post a Comment