This year for Halloween Kellin was (of course) a vampire and Ethan was a little blue monster. I made Ethan's costume from a Trick or treat bag I found at Target - I think it actually came out pretty cute! We had a good Halloween day for the most part. On Friday Kellin had his school parade which unfortunately I couldn't attend because I had my preschool's Halloween carnival to do that morning so Kade went in my place. On Saturday morning, we did a family hike on Dixie Mountain and the boys had so much fun climbing the rocks and discovering caves. I tried to take us to this cool cave area I went to once with a friend but sadly, it hs been fenced off and designated a natural reserve area. (Wait, I guess that's not sad, just sad for us that we can't hike there anymore.) By the afternoon Kellin was so anxious to get dressed and go to the Haunted House so we all got ready and headed over to the community center for the haunted house. Eventhough he was way excited to go, by the time Kellin got up to the enterance of the haunted house he was too scared to go through (happens every year!). So, Kade actually ended up taking Ethan through and scaring the pants off the poor kid. For the rest of the night Ethan kept saying, "scary werewolf in there" and, "mama, there was a scary chainsaw"! Poor little guy! After the haunted house we headed over to the mall for some store to store trick or treating and then came back to the house for some door to door trick or treating. I was so excited to see so many kids/families out actually trick or treating. In the years past, that has been one of my biggest complaints about living in Utah - most of the time people don't do door to door trick or treating and instead go to a trunk or treat usually put on by their ward. I have the BEST childhood memories of trick or treating around the neighborhood for hours filling up my pillowcase with candy. I want Kellin & Ethan to have those same memories and so I was excited to see trick or treating making a come back this year! By the end of the night the kids were pooped and ready for bed. We had a great Halloween, just our little family together, and made some great memories. Enjoy the pics:
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Halloween 2009
Better late than never, right?
This year for Halloween Kellin was (of course) a vampire and Ethan was a little blue monster. I made Ethan's costume from a Trick or treat bag I found at Target - I think it actually came out pretty cute! We had a good Halloween day for the most part. On Friday Kellin had his school parade which unfortunately I couldn't attend because I had my preschool's Halloween carnival to do that morning so Kade went in my place. On Saturday morning, we did a family hike on Dixie Mountain and the boys had so much fun climbing the rocks and discovering caves. I tried to take us to this cool cave area I went to once with a friend but sadly, it hs been fenced off and designated a natural reserve area. (Wait, I guess that's not sad, just sad for us that we can't hike there anymore.) By the afternoon Kellin was so anxious to get dressed and go to the Haunted House so we all got ready and headed over to the community center for the haunted house. Eventhough he was way excited to go, by the time Kellin got up to the enterance of the haunted house he was too scared to go through (happens every year!). So, Kade actually ended up taking Ethan through and scaring the pants off the poor kid. For the rest of the night Ethan kept saying, "scary werewolf in there" and, "mama, there was a scary chainsaw"! Poor little guy! After the haunted house we headed over to the mall for some store to store trick or treating and then came back to the house for some door to door trick or treating. I was so excited to see so many kids/families out actually trick or treating. In the years past, that has been one of my biggest complaints about living in Utah - most of the time people don't do door to door trick or treating and instead go to a trunk or treat usually put on by their ward. I have the BEST childhood memories of trick or treating around the neighborhood for hours filling up my pillowcase with candy. I want Kellin & Ethan to have those same memories and so I was excited to see trick or treating making a come back this year! By the end of the night the kids were pooped and ready for bed. We had a great Halloween, just our little family together, and made some great memories. Enjoy the pics:








This year for Halloween Kellin was (of course) a vampire and Ethan was a little blue monster. I made Ethan's costume from a Trick or treat bag I found at Target - I think it actually came out pretty cute! We had a good Halloween day for the most part. On Friday Kellin had his school parade which unfortunately I couldn't attend because I had my preschool's Halloween carnival to do that morning so Kade went in my place. On Saturday morning, we did a family hike on Dixie Mountain and the boys had so much fun climbing the rocks and discovering caves. I tried to take us to this cool cave area I went to once with a friend but sadly, it hs been fenced off and designated a natural reserve area. (Wait, I guess that's not sad, just sad for us that we can't hike there anymore.) By the afternoon Kellin was so anxious to get dressed and go to the Haunted House so we all got ready and headed over to the community center for the haunted house. Eventhough he was way excited to go, by the time Kellin got up to the enterance of the haunted house he was too scared to go through (happens every year!). So, Kade actually ended up taking Ethan through and scaring the pants off the poor kid. For the rest of the night Ethan kept saying, "scary werewolf in there" and, "mama, there was a scary chainsaw"! Poor little guy! After the haunted house we headed over to the mall for some store to store trick or treating and then came back to the house for some door to door trick or treating. I was so excited to see so many kids/families out actually trick or treating. In the years past, that has been one of my biggest complaints about living in Utah - most of the time people don't do door to door trick or treating and instead go to a trunk or treat usually put on by their ward. I have the BEST childhood memories of trick or treating around the neighborhood for hours filling up my pillowcase with candy. I want Kellin & Ethan to have those same memories and so I was excited to see trick or treating making a come back this year! By the end of the night the kids were pooped and ready for bed. We had a great Halloween, just our little family together, and made some great memories. Enjoy the pics:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
SO CUTE and way to go with the creativeness with Ethan's costume! It is super cute, really it was a bag?
Great job with Ethan's costume!!! You all look GREAT and I love how Kell loves to be something scary- just like Isaac. That's awesome that your neighborhood did the door to door thing. YOu know I feel the same way as you do. Poo on trunk or treating- totally not as fun at all! I'm getting so excited to see you! I can't wait! :)
Very cute! Love Ethan's costume. So, what are you doing for Thanksgiving? We might be coming down, so if we do maybe we could get together.
Also, because of some very personal internet issues, I went private. If you are at all interested in my blogging world, send me your email address and I will add you on my reader list.
kathryn.linford@gmail.com
Hope to see you sometime soon!
Nicely done! Love those costumes, though I'm not going to lie that I was happy Kade's real costume wasn't on the blog. :)
Post a Comment