Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kellin's First Race

Following in the tradition of his mom, Kellin ran his first race - it was a 1 mile run and he did awesome. We had originally signed him up for the 1/2 mile but decided to switch him into the mile since his friends were running in that one. I really thought he'd end up walking most of the way but he tried his best and ran as much as he could. He finished in just over 13 minutes and crossed the finish line with his good friend Braden. They even had bibs & timing chips and got to go get free food from the runner's court when they were done. I'm so proud of him! We've been trying to find a sport that Kellin seems interested in, so far no luck with tee ball and soccer. He has taken to swimming really well and also running, maybe he'll be one of those individual sports kind of kids, kinda like his mom! I tried out for softball & volleyball and didn't make either team (I blame the mean PE teacher/coach that hated me - Mrs. Davis!) so I ended up on cross country, track & swim team! All the sports I didn't have to try out for! Anyways, here are a few pics from his race day:

2 comments:

Emily H. said...

That awesome Mary- Kell's taking after his mom. Kellin seriously looks like such a big kid in those pictures. I know I just saw him a couple months ago but dude- he seems even older. I also love your blog btw! I wish you could hook me up with mine. It seriously needs some flavor.

Brittany & Barry said...

Amazing. Unbelievable. Tell him congrats from us.