Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Snow in Zion


We had a big (big for St. George anyway) rain storm last Friday and on Saturday our family took a drive up to Zion thinking it would be a nice day for a hike. When we arrived, the place was dusted all over with snow. It was SO SO SO beautiful. Honestly, more beautiful than in the Summer in my opinion, and I'm a Summer person. We had fun taking pictures, building a mini snowman and playing in the snow. Here are some of my favorite pictures from that day. If you have the chance, you have to drive through Zion in the Winter, it really is breathtaking. Also, we saw a huge pack (?) of deer on the side of the road under a tree and Kellin thought they were Santa's reindeer taking a nap! Kellin was thrilled to see the snow since everyday he asks when we will have snow so it can be Christmas. I guess those few Christmas's he spent up North really sunk in! We might have to buy some fake snow just so he believes it is really Christmas, then again, I bet all the presents will probably be convincing enough!

1 comments:

Jonah and Aja said...

That is so cool! I've never thought to go up there in the snow, but I'll just have to now, from the looks of how beautiful it is in your photos. Your snowman looks like he has an eating disorder, though. ;)