Sunday, February 10, 2008

5 months and growing

Ethan is growing...and not just in size, he is also growing attached...to me...and only me. I know I should be happy about this, after all, he recognizes me and loves to just stare at me with the cutest little smile, just like the one in this picture. The only problem is, he wants me all the time now. Gone are the days that I could leave him in his bouncy chair while I clean the house, get ready, play with Kellin, etc. Now, whenever he sees me walk past him without picking him up or stopping to play he lets out the most agonized scream imaginable. I'm not kidding, hearing him I'd swear he was loosing a toe or finger or being circumsized! But, as soon as I come back into view, he stops, smiles and begs me with his round eyes to come back and play with him. It breaks my heart to hear him scream, so now I just wear headphones all day! Just kidding! I'm sure this is one of those developmental stages that will soon pass - I just hope it passes soon. On another note, we have started feedling him baby food which he seems to be enjoying and so far he likes peas (yea!), green beens (yuck!), carrots, sweet potatoes, rice cereal and bananas. Now if I could just get him to take a bottle!

0 comments: