Tuesday, February 19, 2008

President's Day Weekend

We had a great President's day weekend - the weather was gorgeous all weekend long and I love, love, love that we can spend all day outside in the middle of February-and even get a little sunburned! Kade had work off on Monday and some families from the ward/neighborhood invited us to the Snow Canyon sand dunes. We went out there around 11:00 and brought a picnic lunch. The funny thing is we though it was going to be other families from the neighborhood but it turned out to be other moms from the neighborhood and their kids - so Kade was the lone male in a group of women stuck talking about babies, breastfeeding, school, and all other things decidedly mom-related. He fared pretty well with the kids, though, burying them in the sand and making sand castles. As one of the other moms said, "only a real man would be ok with this!" Thanks Kade for being my real man! Also while we were out there I gave Ethan a little piece of cereal and not thinking while I was talking I put it in his mouth. He tried to swallow it and it got caught in his throat and he started choking. I was so paincked as I stuck my finger in his mouth to try to get it out. I could feel it in the back of his throat but I couldn't get it out, I just pushed it further back. Luckily, one if the other moms rushed over and flipped Ethan over and started wacking him on the back and it came out. I was so freaked my hands were shaking! So I owe a big thanks to our neighbor Amy for saving my sons life!

0 comments: