The newest member of our family is fluffy, fiesty, and...um...fluffy. A couple of months ago my sister, Shelley, asked if we could "adopt" their pet cat since they were moving and couldn't have the cat in their new home. It took a lot of manipulation on my part ("C'mon Kade, the boys would really love a cat"; "We'll do all the work"; "You won't even notice him around") to get Kade to agree to the cat and three weeks ago we brought our new pet home. He is gorgeous, the prettiest cat I've ever seen and so far he has been lots of fun. Kellin chases him around the house constantly but it's Ethan who has actually managed to get a hold of him a couple of times and once Ethan has a grip, he doesn't let go. He's come away with a few handfuls of cat hair!! Kellin loves to hold him & pet him but when Demetri is sitting in this one spot on our couch he doesn't like to be touched. It's really weird. If anyone tries to touch him while he's up there, he attacks!! Kinda freaky. At night Demetri likes to sleep in our bed, which is fine as long as he stays at the foot of the bed. Sometimes he likes to crawl all the way up to the top of the bed and lick our heads while we sleep. Again, kinda weird. Anyways, just thought I post a picture or two of our feline friend.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a beautiful cat! I am just glad it is you and not us. We are still in the puppy phase with Winnie and she is a terror. We really love her, but man these animals are a lot of work. I would love to meet up with you guys sometime when you are in town, so let me know what your plans are.
Aww he's adorable. Can't wait to meet him.
Wow, I bet it took you a little while to realize just who was licking your face in the middle of the night! :) Cats freak me out- you know that. I spent my teenage years pretending to run them over. So I'm sorry, can't say he's cute.
Post a Comment