Friday, November 21, 2008
Twilight Movie
So last night I went with a few friends to see the midnight showing of Twilight. As most of you know I am a huge Twilight fan and have read all the books. So I just wanted to write my Twilight Movie Review. If you are planning to see the movie and don't want me to spoil it, don't read any further. If I were a movie critic, I would probably give the movie 2 1/2 out of 5 stars. First, what I enjoyed. I loved seeing the book come to life and I appreciated that for the most part the director stuck pretty much to the book. I love that the movie had some of my favorite lines from the book as dialogue in the movie. I was actually pretty impressed with Kristin Stewart who played Bella and although I still think they could've gotten a much better actor for Edward, I thought Robert Pattinson did an OK job, slightly better than what I was expecting. I really enjoyed the beginning of the movie and some of the end, however, the rest definaltely left something to be desired. The worst part of the movie (hands down) was the awful special effects. Edward is a vampire with super speed and strength and he can practically fly through the air when he runs and jumps. This movie did a horrible job at portraying it. It seriously was comical when they had the vampires run and jump. SO, SO fake. I also felt like it really missed at portraying the incredible love story that occurs between Edward & Bella. It all happened too fast and skipped over a lot of the best dialogue between them. Finally, I really wished they would have given the readers of the book a little more credit on the maturity side of things, even though this story is written for young adults, I think they could've made it for a more mature audience. I'm guessing that they will be making the rest of the books in this saga into movies and it makes me sad to think that this incredible series of books aren't going to become an incredible series of movies. At least not if they stick with the same director, same actors, same writing, etc. I think they could be so much more!!! Ditch the "teenager" audience and make the movies for adults, the teenagers will still come see them and they will be so much better! And, give the director more money to make the movies so the special effects are believable. Ok, done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well written Mary, I agree with 100% of what you said, I am so glad someone decided to be forthright and honest about it. Oh, and I think they should just get a new director.
So I read your blog before I saw the movie. I saw your warning to not read if you haven't seen it but just couldn't help myself. I agree with you. Well, I'd say 3 stars I guess. I actually liked the casting for the most part. I just think they need way better direction! More money- totally. The music is what drove me nuts- I felt as if I was watching some homemade movie (esp. during the bad vampire scenes). I did like Edward's piano music though. The funniest part of all was when Edward was in the sunlight! I seriously laughed out loud when the chimes rang as he stepped into the sun. :) Overall, it was fun to see the book come to life but disapointing. Unfortunately, this book was the best of the series (I thought) and now the movie is done and can't be redone. So sad.
Post a Comment