I recently had the once in a lifetime opportunity to go to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with my parents and brother Jeff on a Yacht!! Seriously, it was amazing. I felt like P-Diddy or Mariah Carey cruising around the coast of Puerto Vallarta. We were there for 5 days and had such an amazing time. Unfortunately my camera battery died half way into the trip and I forgot the charger so I only have a few pictures from the first couple of days. The first picture is me on the coast in a little town called Yalapa. We sailed the Yacht along the bay down to this little town which can only be reached by boat. Once we arrived, we took a little water taxi boat ashore and hiked up to a little water fall (which I'm sure is a big water fall during the rainy season). Then we stopped at this restaurant on the beach and shared enchiladas and I was coerced into buying this necklace which I doubt I will ever wear again (only cuz I'm not very daring in my jewelry choices). The next picture is of the yacht we were on. It was such a nice boat and there were two crew members, Eli & Bailey. They are a couple, Eli is the captain and Bailey is the Chef/everything else. They were really great people and we loved hearing all of their stories about their adventures all over the world. The third picture is the islands called "Los Arcos" (the arches) and the fourth picture is of a church along the coast of Puerto Vallarta. Kade wasn't able to come on this trip with us (he had to work, poor guy) and I left the kids with my sister Vivian for the week (THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!). So I actually spent a lot of the time just relaxing, listening to music, reading, and talking to my brother Jeff. It was really weird at first to adjust to not having the kids around, especially since Ethan is only 7 months and it was the first time I have been away from either of them in a LONG, LONG, LONG time. Once I was able to settle down and trust that my sister could handle things, I really enjoyed relaxing and de-stressing. By the end of the trip the tension that has built up in my neck was gone, although it soon returned after holding my 22 lb. baby for a few days!! My favorite part of the trip was when we went on a zip line tour through the jungle. It was me, my dad and Jeff on the tour with 2 guides that take us all through the jungle (actually where they filmed the movie "Predator") and we hung on zip lines and sped through the trees and over rivers and cliffs. I had a blast!! I would recommend Puerto Vallarta to anyone wanting to do a Mexico vacation and I enjoyed it more than Cancun and almost as much as Hawaii...almost.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
I recently had the once in a lifetime opportunity to go to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with my parents and brother Jeff on a Yacht!! Seriously, it was amazing. I felt like P-Diddy or Mariah Carey cruising around the coast of Puerto Vallarta. We were there for 5 days and had such an amazing time. Unfortunately my camera battery died half way into the trip and I forgot the charger so I only have a few pictures from the first couple of days. The first picture is me on the coast in a little town called Yalapa. We sailed the Yacht along the bay down to this little town which can only be reached by boat. Once we arrived, we took a little water taxi boat ashore and hiked up to a little water fall (which I'm sure is a big water fall during the rainy season). Then we stopped at this restaurant on the beach and shared enchiladas and I was coerced into buying this necklace which I doubt I will ever wear again (only cuz I'm not very daring in my jewelry choices). The next picture is of the yacht we were on. It was such a nice boat and there were two crew members, Eli & Bailey. They are a couple, Eli is the captain and Bailey is the Chef/everything else. They were really great people and we loved hearing all of their stories about their adventures all over the world. The third picture is the islands called "Los Arcos" (the arches) and the fourth picture is of a church along the coast of Puerto Vallarta. Kade wasn't able to come on this trip with us (he had to work, poor guy) and I left the kids with my sister Vivian for the week (THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!). So I actually spent a lot of the time just relaxing, listening to music, reading, and talking to my brother Jeff. It was really weird at first to adjust to not having the kids around, especially since Ethan is only 7 months and it was the first time I have been away from either of them in a LONG, LONG, LONG time. Once I was able to settle down and trust that my sister could handle things, I really enjoyed relaxing and de-stressing. By the end of the trip the tension that has built up in my neck was gone, although it soon returned after holding my 22 lb. baby for a few days!! My favorite part of the trip was when we went on a zip line tour through the jungle. It was me, my dad and Jeff on the tour with 2 guides that take us all through the jungle (actually where they filmed the movie "Predator") and we hung on zip lines and sped through the trees and over rivers and cliffs. I had a blast!! I would recommend Puerto Vallarta to anyone wanting to do a Mexico vacation and I enjoyed it more than Cancun and almost as much as Hawaii...almost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
YES!! Finally I get to see some photos of the trip! Glad you had such a fun time, and liked your note about the neck tension and Ethan weighing 22 pounds.
OMGosh, how awesome! I wasn't jealous about not going, but now that I see the pics I totally am!!! :) Glad you had fun (without your favorite sibling).
Emily
Post a Comment