Monday, January 5, 2009

January 5, 2009

So is it just me or is today a totally depressing day? As I went to bed last night I had serious Holiday high withdraws - I fought falling asleep with all the will power I could muster. But, alas, sleep took over and at 6 am this morning as my alarm went off, I realized, sadly, that the Holidays were now done and gone and all I have to look forward to is three months of cold weather, early mornings, virtually no holidays, and lots of chores. Now, don't get me wrong, I love being a mom and I am so lucky to get to stay home and be with my kids, but there is something so magical for me about the Holidays, and not just Christmas. I love everything from the Fourth of July to Halloween to Thanksgiving to Christmas to New Year's. It's just the next three months that are so blah! No more shopping now that all the money is spent, no more vacations now that all the money is spent and Kade's PTO (paid time off) is all used up, and no more eating delicious meals and desserts now that they are all on my butt! Oh, the Holidays! Wouldn't it be great to just rewind time and go back to December 19th? I'm sure some of you are relieved it is over and ready to get back to normal life, and I guess part of me is too, but it sure was great while it lasted. January, February, March, here I come. I think I need to plan a trip so I can have something to look forward to. Any suggestions?? Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on the post-holiday blues :)

4 comments:

Burnett Family said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas and Santa treated you guys well! I am with ya about the post holiday blues. I love the holiday season. I think you are right, a vacation would be perfect!

Marissa said...

I think your first problem is your alarm going off at 6 am. YUCK! :) I agree though. These months seem to be the worst. You probably get enough warmth and sun down south, but I usually start taking vit D to help me through.
Then you should look into planning something fun for Presidents Day, Human Rights Day, or Valentines to get yourself going. Good luck!

Brittany & Barry said...

Let's meet up for a Valentine's Night out! That'll cheer us all! I'm sure Baz will be up for another San Clemente vacation... :)

Kristy said...

I feel the same way! I couldn't even sleep Christmas Eve because I was so excited for Christmas morning with my kids... then a week later it's time to take the tree down and my house looks so sad and empty. All the prep for the holidays and then it's over and depressing. ):