In memory of Michael Jackson, I have to tell a few of my most treasured (and weird) childhood stories about the King of Pop. The first it quite weird, but also completely hillarious! When I was around 12 years old my parents had to go somewhere (can't remember where) on a trip and thus hired a babysitter to stay with us for the few days that they were gone. I think they knew her through our Uncle Jay (maybe she babysat for them? Can't remember) but anyways she was a Michael Jackson FINATIC!! One night when she was babysitting us she had rented the biography of Michael Jackson and forced us to watch it with her. My sister and I kept laughing (I think because she was singing and dancing to the movie and because we were completely freaked out by her and thought her Michael Jackson obsession was hillarious). Well, about twenty minutes into the movie, when she apparently could not stand our laughing any more, she got up, walked up to my sister and I, grabbed ahold of Emily's shirt with her fist and yelled (yes YELLED) in Emily's face, "shut up you little brat!!" Emily & I were so freaked out that we watched the rest of the movie in silence and prayed for our parents to come home early from their trip!! I'll never forget the crazed look on her face (or the awful singing & dancing to Michael Jackson's ABC-123)!
My other memories are much more pleasant. I remember the days when Michael Jackson would come out with a new video and they would actually premiere them on the major network chanels like ABC or NBC. This never happens anymore! It would be a huge event and everyone around the world would tune in to watch the premiere of the video! I totally remember the premiere of "Black or White". Our whole family gathered together in the living room to watch it and we were all so excited. I remember how amazed we were with the face morphing scenes! And "Thriller"! I remember how awesome we thought that video was and how we loved to watch it on Halloween and how we knew every scene!
I also remember that my dad had a Weird Al Yankovich CD (I know) and I think it must have been one where he made fun of all of Michael Jackson's songs. It had "I'm Fat" (instead of I'm Bad) and somehow I remember that video too. Weird Al dressed up in a fat suit eating food and dancing around like Michael Jackson. Hillarious! So, in memory of Michael Jackson I would like to dedicate this post to all the good memories of his music and the great childhood experiences I had listening to his music.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a mean sitter! I hope my dad wasn't the one to send her your way!
oh man you have Noelle and me laughing so hard! I've never forgotten about that freako sitter and how she taught us how to "properly" wash our hands at Round Table Pizza and how she insisted that Ghostbusters was rated R- remember how we kept saying, "na aw, it's PG, na aw..." and then right then on the screen the PG thing came up which made us laugh and her hate us even more! I actually had forgotten about her obsession with MJ until I starting reading and it ALL came back to me! Noelle asked if we told mom and I told her that I thought she would stay on the phone when mom would call so we couldn't tell her anything. right? TO FUNNY! Also, she used to babysit Heather so if we can remember her name I bet Heather would remember her. Was it Stacy?
But, yeah, I've been thinking about posting about Jackson myself. Hearing that he died really made the tons of memories I have of him and his music all come back. I've introduced Noelle to some of his music today. His music will always remind me of good times in the 80's and early 90's. Love you Mare!
Oh my gosh! I totally forgot about the Ghostbusters thing! That is too funny! HAHAHA! And the listening on the phone...seriously she was freakish!! Didn't she like sneak into Uncle Jay's house one time when they were gone and they caught her running out the back door trying to jump over the fence?? Or am I confusing her with someone else??
Post a Comment