But, I do have to say, that although the weather for our Easter weekend was awful, everything else about it was wonderful. Saturday morning we went to an Easter egg hunt at UVU, where Kade's dad works, and the boys had a great time decorating cookies, coloring, and collecting eggs. Kellin searched and searched for an egg with a golden ticket in it, and luckily pops had connections and was able to get both boys one. After the egg hunt we met up with our good friends the Fells and headed to Alpine to visit a special candy store to stock up on some Easter candy. The store is called The Peppermint Place and has some really great deals on super cute candy. Later that day we went back to kade's parents house and ate (of course) a delicious dinner and hung out with family & friends.
Easter morning we awoke to 6" of snow, so instead of saying Happy Easter, we all wished eachother "Merry Christmas" as the boys searched for their Easter baskets and eggs. The Easter bunny asked us to "reduce, reuse and recycle" this year, so the night before the boys put out their Easter baskets and each picked 20 eggs that we had from previous years and put those in their basket as well. Then, the Easter bunny filled their basket and their eggs and hid them for the boys to find. The Easter bunny would like us to do this every year, bonus - it saves mom some money at the store :) After collecting endless amounts of candy filled eggs, we ate a delicious breakfast and enjoyed and day of lots of yummy food and visiting with family. We headed back home Sunday evening. I was excited to get back to warm weather, but the boys insisted on taking a cup of snow home to Saint George, since we don't get much of that where we live (thankfully).
Another great part of the weekend was getting to finally meet our new baby niece, Maeley. Kade's sister Lonny had her several weeks ago and we finally got to see her adorable little face. She is a doll, and I am so happy for Lonny & Josh. Meeting her made me wish even more for a little girl of my own, and I really hope when I finally do get pregnant again, it will be a girl. It's a little strange, but I just know that I have a little girl waiting up there, and I really hope we get her some day.
Here are some pictures from our Easter weekend:
Yummy frosting!
I see you!
Kellin & Maeley at the egg hunt.
Not too sure about the Easter bunny!
Coloring at UVU Easter egg hunt.
Kellin & Ethan with their eggs.
Searching for a golden ticket with grandma & pops.
Easter morning Egg hunt - I found a golden egg!
A golden egg with money!
Thanks Easter bunny!
Ethan & baby Maeley - Ethan loves babies!
Ethan pretending to give Maeley a bottle - so sweet!














0 comments:
Post a Comment